Old Warburton Residents Association
‘The Old Warburton Residents Association was formed recently as a response to news that our little community is right in the middle of the Yarra Ranges Councils planned “Mountain Bike Destination Project”. Most proposed trails are in and around Old Warburton, running between our properties, close to some houses, and all over the slopes of Mt Little Joe and Mt Tugwell either side of us. . . . We resent our quiet little settlement being turned into a playground for tourists and consider it to be an example of totally inappropriate development.’
HEWI – Healesville Environment Watch Inc
STEP is a community-based environmental organisation with over 400 members from Ku-ring-gai, Hornsby and surrounding suburbs. Our primary aim is to work for the conservation of bushland in northern Sydney.’
The North East Bioregional Network
The North East Bioregional Network promotes a long-term and consistent nature ethic based on an understanding that all of nature is important. Our key purpose is to develop and implement the Linking Landscapes vision in North East Tasmania. The basis of that vision is to:
- Increase the amount of dedicated Conservation Areas in North East Tasmania.
- Improve connections between the Coast and Hinterland areas.
- Increase Conservation Covenants and Land for Wildlife registration to improve connectivity on private land between Conservation Areas.
- Access funding for restoration work and weed/feral animal control
- Ensure management of public and private land maintains and improves ecological values.